Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cupcake Utensils

My aunt gave me the idea to blog about utensils, so that is what I'll do.
 

A basic and semi necessary tool used with cupcakes is a frosting/piping bag. You can buy a disposable one ($7-30 per pack) or one that can be used over and over. The reusable bag ($7) costs more, but I would suggest buying it instead of a disposable bag. You can buy frosting tips ($2) for both kinds of bags. Different tips can be used for different things, such as, leaves, words, or flowers. Of course, if you don't want to buy a bag, I have a trick you can try that uses household items. All you have to do is take a Ziploc bag and cut the tip off of one of the bottom corners. Remember to cut the tip off AFTER you fill the bag with heaping spoons of frosting. It just makes it a lot easier.


Another tool that make frosting easier is a frosting knife ($3-12). I recently purchased one. It gives the cupcake a smooth surface. It's not very necessary, but it's nice to have around.

Another great thing to buy for cupcake making is a pack of silicone cup liners ($10-15 per pack). You end up buying so many disposable liners, that it ends up being a small fortune. Well, one way to stop wasting money is to buy silicone liners that can be reused. They are very convenient! I'd go to the store right now and buy them if I were you. I highly suggest purchasing a pack or two.


If you are making cupcakes for a special occasion, I would buy a cupcake stand. You can buy a reusable ($5-32) or a disposable stand ($7-15). You can easily display multiple cupcake at a time on a stand, or if you just want to display a few, you can buy a cupcake pedestal ($10-18 both pack and individual).

Have you ever had a hard time transporting cupcakes? Buy a cupcake carrier that can hold multiple cupcakes ($15-20). Or, if you just have to carry one, you can use a smaller holder that only holds one cupcake ($3-5).

No comments:

Post a Comment